Job title: Temporary Buyer
Working hours: 08.30 – 16.30, 30 minutes lunch at 12.00pm. 37.5hrs per week.
Minimum of 3 months, might be extended to 6 months.
As Temporary Buyer, you will be a key member working within the Purchasing team. The role will require a dynamic, driven and methodical individual who will absorb all variations of supply chain tasks inclusive of, but not limited to: PO creation for consumables / materials / bought in components, MRP control and cleansing, OTIF and variance analysis. This role will require a person with high levels of computer literacy and ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation while developing relationships with key stakeholders such as Suppliers, Demand Coordinators, Supply Coordinators, QA and Engineers, and will be part of a closed loop communication with suppliers to meet plant and customer expectations. Developing our business goes hand in hand with developing our people’s skills; with the support of the Gateshead management team, you will be open to career progression and continued self-development in order to reach personal and business goals.
- As a direct point of contact within our supply chain, always ensure maximum professionalism to solidify from a commercial perspective the branding of our company.
- Promote a ‘Huddle’ and ‘Customer focused’ culture and increase teamwork across the site by initiating cross functional communications.
- Liaise competently, confidently and promptly with your key stakeholders, developing an excellent working relationship and attend to all requirements or requests timely, efficiently and diligently ensuring that our clients receive the highest level of service from all areas of the organisation.
- Consider the impact you make on others within the business, from both process and motivational vantage points.
- Ensure all company policies regarding code of conduct, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
DUTIES – Supply Chain Governance:
- Processing purchase orders in line with MRP suggestions.
- Processing purchase orders in line with outsourcing requirements.
- Expediting suppliers to meet OTIF requirements.
- Processing purchase orders for non-inventory items inclusive of but not limited to: Consumables, Maintenance requirements etc.
- Liaise closely with QA to manage supplier performance and identify opportunities to improve.
- Liaise closely with your suppliers to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Update your downstream stakeholders of any expected impacts to delivery schedules.
- You will monitor and actively find solutions to achieve favorable price variance with your suppliers
DUTIES – MRP Control:
- You will adhere to all MRP suggestions for your categories to ensure full compliance with supply requirements and your agreed Activity Management System (AMS). Purchasing suggestions will be inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Purchase order creation
- Pegging / Scheduling amendment(s)
- Quantity increase(s)
- Quantity Decrease(s)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional / Technical skills)
- Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services (Technical Learning)
- Able to understand the business needs and drivers (Business Acumen)
- Delivers solutions and decisions that are effective and constructively impact both our company and our customer’s organisation (Decision Quality & Problem Solving)
- Help develop planning and supply tools by offering feedback
- Reliable and flexible to take on additional product depending on work loads
- Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines (Timely Decision Making)
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Priority Setting)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing Others)
- Able to define, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs. (Process Management)
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably (Conflict Management)
- Energised by tough challenges and provides direction (Command Skills)
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action Oriented)
- Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing (Presentation Skills/ Written Communication)
- Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation (Career Ambition)
Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer Focus)
- Creates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and clearly communicates it to internal and external customers (Managing vision and purpose)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self- development)
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating (Negotiating)
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)
- Ability to relate effectively with both executives and operators and communicate goals and progress (Interpersonal Savvy)
- Is flexible and adaptable when facing tough calls (Dealing with Paradox)
- A Levels or high grades of GCSE
- Working knowledge of a Purchasing / Planning environment would be an advantage but not absolutely essential
Skills, training or special knowledge
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- CIPS / Degree
- Experience in low-cost sourcing projects
- Experience with supplier auditing
Skills, training or special knowledge
- Working knowledge of Epicor and / or Oracle
- ERP & Purchasing Systems
Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
Participate in training where required.
Health, Safety and Environment
Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
Applicants must apply by sending their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01493 718696 to speak to a member of our team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com