Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8.30am till 5pm, Friday 8.30am – 3.45pm. (45 minute lunch break).
Contract: 6 months.
Travel: Yes, ad-hoc, to other Scotland and UK sites.
As UK Statutory Reporting Manager, you will ensure the overall effective financial management and reporting for our client undertaking all aspects which include corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. As UK Country Controller, you will maximise return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems with the country and aligning key areas with global initiatives. This is a Director-level role working alongside the leadership team of the UK business units. You will not only be an exceptional accountant, hands on with company finances but be commercially aware, advising on the best financial path for the business. You will lead and develop the finance team bringing team members up to date with current methods and programs in preparation of handling any eventuality and regularly evaluate performance, making recommendations on training and development required. You will provide thoughtful analysis and insight into the business trends and work directly with business leaders on company performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of the company’s Corporate Ledgers financials complying with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting obligations;
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements, internal financial controls, accounting policies and procedures for the Corporate Ledgers as well as compliance with UK GAAP for the complete UK Group in cooperation with the Segment Finance organization;
- Establish a team structure to meet the reporting requirements of the UK group (UK GAAP);
- Retain and develop talent in the UK finance team to ensure appropriate succession planning
- Consistently analyse financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes (UK GAAP);
- Assist to provide the UK business units with an appropriate commercial structure in order to meet their strategic targets and objectives;
- Business partnering at a high level, facilitate communication between the UK business units where appropriate in order to ensure the best commercial outcome for the business.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with other Corporate departments (HR, IT, Compliance, Legal etc);
- Actively participate in the due diligence, completion and integration of UK acquisitions;
- Actively participate in the strategy of the legacy defined benefit pension schemes and governance committee of the defined contribution pension scheme;
- Facilitate initiatives from other Corporate functions with the UK business units (e.g. insurance, procurement)
- Promote and provide finance training for non-finance employees in the UK group in cooperation with Segment Finance organization;
- UK and international travel required as dictated by business need.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional/Technical Learning)
- Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty (Dealing with ambiguity)
- Able to understand the business needs and drivers and align with the strategic initiative (Business Acumen)
- Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines (Timely Decision Making)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing)
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority Setting)
- Can Orchestrate multiple activities and resources to accomplish a goal (Organising)
- Encourage others to accept development projects or job moves (Directing direct reports and others)
- Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs (Process management)
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably (Conflict Management)
- Deals with corrective feedback in a manner that inspires accountability and self-redirection amongst others (Managerial courage)
- Can identify the skills required by the business and hire effectively (Hiring & staffing)
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Drive for results)
- Organisational Positioning
- Adept at dealing with a large organisation in order to successfully promote an agenda or strategy (Political Savvy)
Personal and Interpersonal
- Instinctively discerns what drives his or her audience and deftly ignites and steers their sense of purpose to a common goal (Managing vision and purpose)
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)
- Builds mission-driven, cohesive teams that project a team spirit that inspires and motivates departments and organisations (Building effective teams)
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating (Negotiating)
- Is balanced in a conflicting situations and challenging environments (Dealing with Paradox)
- CIMA/ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW qualified.
- Working knowledge within a financial/accounting environment
- Previous experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP rules and regulations
- Ability to create and track financial / business metrics
Skills, training or special knowledge
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Financial Analysis, Financial reporting
- ERP Systems knowledge
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
- Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
- Participate in training where required.
Health, safety and environment
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
Applicants must apply by sending their cv to email@example.com or call our office on 01493 718696 to speak to a member of our team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org