Type: FTC until 31st Jan
Location: Great Yarmouth
Closing Date: 29/09/2021
The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in line with the site procedures and risk assessments, to allow for legal transfer and disposal to its destination.
• Presenting a positive image of the Company through first class service delivery and customer engagement, building effective relationships across the business.
• Daily activities to handle hazardous and non-hazardous waste including the operation of a forklift and completion of all administrative tasks associated with the role
• Control traffic entering and exiting the Transfer Station in line with the site traffic management risk assessment.
• Receive and transfer waste following the site plan, other local procedures and in line with the site permit and planning
• Take delivery of waste and handle, unpack and store in line with site storage procedure, Permit restrictions and HSG 71 requirements
• Keep the Transfer Station and surrounding areas in a clean and safe condition
• Report all incidents as per company procedure, so these can be investigated and actions put in place to prevent re-occurrence
• Maintain good standards of health & safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
• Participate in Toolbox talks, safety meetings and any other safety-related activities
• Support with the planned maintenance of machinery and equipment to keep this in good order and safe to us by completing daily checks, reporting any fault codes or issues and making the truck available when service is required
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties required by the Waste Transfer Station Manager, including supporting other areas of the business as and when required
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
• Customer focused and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internal and external including vendors that you come into contact with while completing your role.
• Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
• Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a positive contributor to the wider team.
• Motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
• 0-5 T Counterbalance Forklift License
• 15-25 Counterbalance Forklift License
• 0-5 Reach Truck License
• Experience in waste
• First Aider
• Fire Warden
• HSE related training and a strong understanding of Health and Safety legislation
• Valid UK driving licence
• Manual Handling
• COSHH Awareness
• Dangerous Goods Awareness
• Vehicle Banksman/Spotter
An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful applicant.
Applicants must apply by sending their cv to email@example.com or call our office on 01493 718696 to speak to member of our team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org