Hub Operative – Industrial Services Driver
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth
This role will encompass but will not be limited to the industrial cleaning or various tanks, vessels, silos and pits for a large client base. Some travel and working away will be required to service the clients that make the request.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To engage all external and internal customer by communicating in a friendly and professional manner ensuring that they are left with a lasting positive impression of our service.
- Identify best methods for cleaning a wide range of heavy industrial plant, equipment and tanks/vessels using HPWJ and other available techniques. Some tasks will require the use of RPE including Full Breathing Apparatus to provide industrial services and waste management to the business client base.
- Deliver the customer’s expectations on the service requested which will include the use of existing and new technologies.
- Carry out all activities in a safe manner, in accordance with HSEQ procedures and Quality Management ensuring that standing instructions and safety standards are complied with at all times
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials.
- To drive HGV vehicles safely to the standard set out by the Highway Code, to our Client’s procedures and withing the EU driving regulations.
- Complete daily safety and maintenance checks for the vehicles advising Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as required by the business within your capabilities, including cargo handling, vessel loading and unloading and waste services.
- Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
- Customer focused and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internal and external.
- Commercial acumen and motivated to produce continuous improvements and cost savings.
- Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a positive contributor to the wider team.
- Motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Previous HGV driving experience.
- Full UK driving licence (HGV C&E)
- LGV C License
- Certificate of Professional Competence Card
- Digi Tachograph Card
- Health and safety awareness.
- Current IOSH
- Current High-Pressure Water Jetting certificate
- Forklift License
- Slinger/ Banksman OPITO – stage 1
- Manual Handling
- Confined Space and Rescue
- Equality & Diversity training
- Industrial or tank cleaning experience with the use of high vacuum and jetting machinery.
- CCTV drainage surveying
Training will be given to the right candidates to reach required standard
As you would expect from a highly progressive company, an attractive remuneration package is available to the successful applicant. When applying, your CV should include your current/most recent employment, which clearly demonstrates examples of the skills and behaviours required for the above role.
Applicants must apply by sending their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01493718696 to speak to a member of our team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com