We are recruiting Fabricators on behalf of our client based in Plymouth.
This is s an exciting opportunity to work for a major player in the Manufacturing industry. This may potentially an entry level role for someone looking to start or progress their career in the Manufacturing / Engineering sector. Our client is an accredited NVQ training and assessment centre, so they are well rehearsed in developing people and finding their potential.
Examples of projects that our client engage with are:
- Footbridges – made of plastics and composites.
- Drainage and Civils with extensive quality guarantees for underground installations.
- NOV Plymouth have the ability survey the environment with lasers to map the final product location prior to install with 100% accuracy. All snagging works can then be completed at the Plymouth facility which promotes faster, trouble-free installations.
- Composite and Thermoplastic Pipes are suitable for harsh environments, such as underground and underwater, (flexible and ridged) they are used on war ships, submarines, yachts etc.
- Lightweight non-metallic structures and handrails, for Oil Rigs.
Our client would prefer candidates to have some experience in manual fabrication, but this is certainly not essential, as grass roots candidates with a desire to learn and grow will be considered. The role is physical, and it does require some manual handling and labour-intensive tasks. There are cranes and machine lifts for the heavier items which will be operated by the senior team. The existing team in highly skilled; they will be mentoring the successful candidates in this role.
- Someone who genuinely wants to start their career in Manufacturing / Engineering industry
- Conscientious workers who can be trusted.
- Good time keeping skills
- Strong desire and aptitude to learn and grow their career
- Experience is not essential, but if they do, then an ability to read and interpret simple engineering drawings is desirable
- Self-starters and people who will thrive in an autonomous working environment
Key tasks and responsibilities: –
– To work with the minimum of supervision using own initiative once training is complete
– Have a good understanding of basic dimensions and be able to make accurate measurements using a tape measure
– Overtime working will be required; a flexible positive attitude is a must
– Be responsible for the tidiness and safe systems of work within your own area
– Support main fabrication team with general factory duties, marking out, cutting, shaving and prepping parts.
The location of the role is the north point of Plymouth. If public transport is used, there can be flexibility with start and finish times, providing the agreed hours are worked.
Hourly rate: £8.89 – £9.37 (£18,500 – £19,500), dependent upon experience.
40 hours per week.
Hours: 7am – 5.30pmMonday to Thursday.
Lunch – 30 mins
Overtime: Flexibility is required when overtime is available. When offered, it is paid at x1.25 through the week and Friday (non-scheduled day) 1.5x Saturday, 2x Sunday.
For the right candidate this could be a temporary to permeant position.
Applicants must apply by sending their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01493 718696 to speak to a member of our team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com