Job title: Banksman / Slinger
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 07:00am to 3:30pm. 30 minutes lunch break unpaid.
As Banks person / Slinger, you will take a customer service approach with a view that the services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and site. You will be responsible for Banks’s person / Slinger operations. You are accountable for the safe and efficient directing of a crane or forklift operator during lifting activities to move, locate, relocate and stack equipment and materials and prepare and ‘sling’ loads for lifting before releasing the loads at their destination. Your duties will be varied and will include activities that support other departments and personnel, such as cleaning, lifting, moving, and offering general assistance and support to the site team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily chock checks and complete required records.
- Receive incoming material and complete required records.
- Unbundle material and rack / stow.
- Record serial numbers for incoming material.
- Record serial numbers, work orders, running numbers, etc. For outgoing material.
- Select and bundle material as per written instructions.
- Assist with loading material onto trucks, either by crane or forklift, and complete required records.
- Count assets and report.
- Participate in on-call rota.
- Assist with keeping yard area clean and tidy.
- Perform other tasks as instructed to meet business requirements, provided the instructions are reasonable and the employee is deemed competent to perform these.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand (Problem Solving)
- Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products, services and systems (Technical learning)
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information and functional skills (Functional & technical)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing)
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time management)
Energy and Drive
- Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action orientated)
Personal and Interpersonal
- Will hear people out and absorb the speaker’s message before responding or acting (Listening)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer relationships)
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer focus)
Familiar with the correct packing and stowage of containers, half heights and correct securing methods
Be aware of the relevant regulations pertaining to lifting operations (e.g. LOLER and PUWER)
Understands SWLs and colour coding.
Banksman / Slinger certification.
Be able to sling loads and ensure they are secure and ready for lifting.
Be able to carry out pre-use inspections on equipment to ensure safe lifting.
Be aware of the correct use of different lifting equipment) e.g., slings, shackles, and chains)
Be conversant with the correct hand and radio signals to be used.
Be able to assess loads in terms of their weight and centre of gravity
Be aware of all safety precautions to be taken whilst working with cranes in terms of issues such as safety.
Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
Participate in training where required.
Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
Applicants must apply by sending their cv to email@example.com or call our office on 01493 718696 to speak to a member of our team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org